Developing and bringing on line a new large scale solar PV plant is not just about feasibility studies, technology and financing.
Above all, each project is a new Human Adventure. Which is exactly what we’re experiencing in Uganda as construction of our 10MWc plant advances.
A few observations on-site last week:
310 people working on the project including 300 local staff;
- exemplary safety and security practices;
- genuine knowledge- and know-how transfer;
- a new school in the local village thanks to a Spanish sub-contractor
- a new football pitch and sanitary installations thanks to our Greek EPC contractor;
- planting of seeds and seedlings provided by Tryba Energy in the neighbouring area and villages; and
- a catering service provided by the ladies of the village for the 310 workers on the site.
Last, but not least, our thoughts are with the family of Godfrey, our good friend and dedicated driver since the inception of the project, who passed away on October 26th following a long illness.
Rest in Peace, Godfrey. We will miss you.